ClearView Radiation Shielding™ – Transparent Shielding Evolved
Radium has developed a next generation of radiation shielding technology. Our patent pending ClearView RS liquid solution is developed to be a lightweight, non-hazardous alternative to the industry’s existing heavy and toxic lead shielding. Radium is designing new products in a variety of shapes and sizes to take advantage of ClearView RS’s transparency; enabling shielding in remote and unlikely locations.
Most existing neutron shields such as water, concrete, and polyethylene absorb and attenuate neutrons but create high energy gammas, which warrant a secondary shielding. ClearView, attenuates neutrons and gammas at the same time, thereby eliminating the need multiple structures.
Using impact resistant polycarbonate materials as the housing for the solution, Radium has developed lead blanket replacement panels and steam generator shield doors. Work task shields and other products are currently under development. Please contact us for your custom shielding solution.
- Gamma Shielding HVL 1.5’’, TVL 4.8’’– ANSI / HPS N13.11
- Neutron Attenuation – HVL 1’’ for Thermal Neutron Flux
- Neutron Attenuation – HVL 3.75’’ for Fast Neutron Flux
- Raman Spectroscopy and ICP – OES performed for Chemical and Material characterization.
- DOT (US), IATA, IMDG certified non-hazardous and environmentally friendly.
- NFPA, HMIS rating 0 (Fire, Physical Contact and Reactivity)
- Does not create internal sources of radiation.
- Non-toxic, non-abrasive to human contact.
- Contents safe as per OSHA and EHS regulations.
ClearView RS Applications:
- Fission Product Storage
- Hot Cell Shielding
- Thermal and Fast Neutron Shielding
- Spent Nuclear Fuel and Rad Waste Shielding
- Shield Doors
- Lead Blanket Replacement
- Work Task Shields
- Shielded Windows
- Glove/Containment Boxes
- Temporary Shielding
- Movable shielding using pumps
- Instrumentation and Camera shielding
- HP Observation Walls
- Storage of radioisotopes
Potential Custom Applications:
- Replacement for Lead-Silicone, Bismuth-Silicone, Iron-Silicone and Tungsten Silicone Blankets
- Alternative to Lead Pellet filled shield walls and lead shots
- Replacement for Lead Wool Blankets, Lead snakes and annulus shielding
- Great to make shielded office places, modular walls, rolling barriers, rolling booths, wall pins; all which are currently lined or use the heavy and toxic lead as the base
- Substitute to Lead curtains , Lead lined cabinets and storage boxes
- Excellent replacement to heavy concrete shields used for construction
- An unparalleled performance compared to Lead Glass and Lead Acrylic with better optical capability conserving the features of being transparent and lighter
- Great to design containers and auxiliary shielding for laboratories using radioactive sources
- Replacement for Water shielding
- A more effective alternative to lead glass/vinyl / acrylic Transparent L-Block shield for Nuclear Medicine in a variety of angles, shapes and sizes
- A more efficient substitute for lead lined disposal containers and radiation waste cans