ClearView Radiation Shielding – Multipurpose Panel
ClearView Multipurpose Panels are 1 foot wide x 2 feet high x 1/2″ CVRS thick (1″ actual panel thickness) transparent radiation shields. These versatile panels were the first ClearView product designed by Radium.
- Lightweight – 20 lbs
- Hanging points for vertical hanging
- Can be cable tied together to form a box
- Can be used together (sandwiched) to increase shielding capabilities
- Has convenient carrying handle
- Easy to store in Pelican Protector case
Every nuclear plant should include these panels in their ALARA Tool Box for everyday maintenance tasks or emergent work tasks during the refueling outage.
A few of the applications where our multipurpose panels have been used in a nuclear plant:
- Shielded windows by hanging them on a lead blanket rack
- Reactor circulation pump (RCP) maintenance
- Refueling observation windows
- Security windows for the personnel hatch
- Makeshift glove boxes
- Reactor head maintenance