ClearView Radiation Shielding – Shielded Inspection Panels
ClearView Radiation Shielding panels are multipurpose transparent shields providing large viewing windows. The housing of the ClearView solution is constructed of impact resistant polycarbonate. The polycarbonate wall thickness will be determined by the size of a panel. The panels can have handles attached and can be joined with zip ties if needed. The design and features of transparent ClearView Radiation Shielding panels makes it suitable for many applications.
- Shielding for patient beds undergoing radiotherapy in any form such as Brachytherapy
- Maintenance of the cyclotron used to manufacture PET isotopes
- Fluoroscopy and Interventional Radiology shielding – protection from the X-Ray Image Intensifier in machines like the Siemens Luminous Agile
- Mobile CT Scan machine shielding, a more effective lead curtain alternate
- An affordable and light shield which can be hung on walls or places where additional shielding is desired but existing setup cannot be changed; such as nuclear medicine dose calibration rooms, radiotherapy rooms.
- Selective Internal Radiotherapy shielding while performing Interventional Radiology procedure
- Shielding in Catheterization Laboratories
- Great to design containers and auxiliary shielding for laboratories using radioactive sources
Standard thicknesses (Gamma protection) – 0.5’’, 1.0’’, 1.5’’, 2.0’’, 2.5’’, 3’’.
Standard thicknesses (X-Ray protection) – 0.1’’, 0.15’’, 0.2’’, 0.25’’, 0.3’’, 0.4’’, 0.5’’
Standard Dimensions – 12’’x12’’, 24’x 12’’, 18’’ x 12’’, 24’’x 24’’.
|Isotope||Gamma Energy (keV)||HVL (in.)|
|** I – 131||364||0.55|
|*a F – 18||511||0.9|
|* Cs – 137||661.7||1.0|
|*# Co – 60||1250||1.5|
** Testing performed at Nuclear Medicine department at University of Wisconsin – Madison.
*a Testing performed at Carbone Cancer Center at University of Wisconsin – Madison.
*Testing performed at The University of Wisconsin’s Radiation Calibration Laboratory (UWCRL), an Accredited Dosimetry Calibration Laboratory by American Association of Physicists in Medicine. UWRCL is accredited through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation for meeting the performance criteria of the internationally accepted ISO/IEC 17025,
*#Co-60 – Testing using ANSI / HPS N 13.11 Standard.
DOT (US), IATA, IMDG certified non-hazardous and environmentally friendly.
NFPA, HMIS rating 0 (Fire, Physical Contact and Reactivity)
Does not create internal sources of radiation.
Non-toxic, non-abrasive to human contact.
Contents safe as per OSHA and EHS regulations